It is hard to sustain a missional lifestyle! Things get messy, and I start to wear out. Personal preferences and old habits creep back in to destroy things. And it’s not like life is getting any less busy.
Today on the Lifeschool Podcast, you’ll find out what is really messing you up and keeping you from living on mission.
In many ways, this ongoing life on mission with God is a call to die to self. It begins by simplifying your life as God rearranges your priorities, and you spend more and more of your time living with God’s mission at the center of your life.
In This Episode You’ll Learn:
- A traditional and classic definition of “true discipleship”.
- 10 things in your life that may need to be put on the altar.
- How leading your family on mission as a way of life needs to start in your heart.
- A funny story from Caesar’s life that hilariously illustrates a process for breaking old habits.
- Practical steps for removing the clutter and idols that keep us from living on mission.
From this episode:
“Ask God to show you things you may need to “die to” as well as new attitudes and rhythms you need to embrace. This is an important step, but it doesn’t happen overnight. You’ve got to start by counting the cost of discipleship before heading out into open waters.”
Each week the Big 3 will give you immediate action steps to get you started.Download today’s BIG 3 right now. Read and think over them again later. You might even want to share them with others…
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining us again this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Join us on Facebook and take part in the discussion!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the top of this page or right below.
Also, please leave an honest review for The Lifeschool Podcast on iTunes. Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and we read each and every one of them.
Links and Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
Caesar’s book: Small is Big, Slow is Fast
(Use this link to get the Kindle version for only $3.99)
In light of today’s topics, you might find these posts and videos helpful:
- Surprise! You Are the Missionary In Your Neighborhood
- How to Lead Your Small Group or Church Toward True Missional Living