Discipleship is not a series of classes. Discipleship is the process of moving from unbelief to belief in every area of life… It must be done life on life, life in community, and life on mission.
This week on the Lifeschool Podcast, we talk about a form of discipleship that includes cigars, fireplaces, and an occasional glass of fine spirits. Some of you will LOVE this… some will be freaked!
There is a level of intentionality that must be employed in order to actually disciple a person in all of life. And there is no way to model and observe people actually living out the life of Jesus unless we do normal life stuff with them and roll discipleship and training into it.
In This Episode You’ll Learn:
- A little about the environment that Jesus discipled in. (Hint: it was never a classroom.)
- Why it’s vital to disciple and model the gospel in normal, everyday rhythms of life.
- Why “everyday discipleship” methods translate and reproduce better and more naturally.
- Caesar and Heath’s personal experience and model for doing “Cigars & Theology” as a part of their community life and discipleship.
- Alternatives that may work better in your church and context.
From this episode:
“The Good News is just as good (and some times better) experienced with a cold beverage and friends. Don’t think that God somehow looks down on your efforts of discipleship if they are not done in a church building. Your old school board members may, but God does not. Jesus went into all the places participating in the customs that the people he loved did. You can too…it’s okay.”
Each week the Big 3 will give you immediate action steps to get you started.Download today’s BIG 3 right now. Read and think over them again later. You might even want to share them with others…
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining us again this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Join us on Facebook and take part in the discussion!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the top of this page or right below.
Also, please leave an honest review for The Lifeschool Podcast on iTunes. Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and we read each and every one of them.
Links and Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
In light of today’s topics, you might find this video helpful:
- Should You Focus on Discipleship or Evangelism?
- Surprise! You Are the Missionary In Your Neighborhood